Some things that I probably give a better probability of happening than most. Even if they don’t all come to fruition they reflect where I think the overall industry is going. Let’s all see how silly I look 365 days from now.
- Bitcoin will touch 6 digits at one point.
- One of the current top 5 crypto exchanges will suffer a severe hack, losing millions of dollars in assets.
- At least one of the projects that raised over $100m last year will fail spectacularly.
- A coin that is not on coinmarketcap now (and is not a bitcoin fork) will break the top 5 in market cap.
- A sovereign nation (likely with a population smaller than New York) will announce plans to move to a digital currency.
- A decentralized peer to peer exchange will reach top 5 in daily volume for crypto only exchanges.
- Bitcoin options will begin trading and will help create a decrease in volatility compared to 2017.
- A crypto-funded political group will arise and start backing candidates in the US midterm elections (there will also be crypto-lobbyists).
- There will be a major crypto-merger where two teams/tokens/companies merge.
- Not only will a bitcoin ETF be approved but there will also be a crypto portfolio (Think Top X tokens) tracking ETF approved for trading in the US.
Happy New Year! and may 2018 be the crypto-iest year of all!